Overheard at the local Barnes and Noble during my and the girls’ afternoon hang-out in the children’s section: Two employees talking about being told by a superior to put up new promotional signs, while standing in front of a big Wimpy Kid poster advertising the new book’s release date of November 15. One complains that the supervisor told her to put up “on sale now” signs for the Wimpy Kid book tonight, even though, obviously, it’s not out for over a week. “She said to put up Steve Jobs and Wimpy Kid tonight.” “Steve Jobs?” “Yeah, that guy that died.”
- RT @TheNerdsofColor: ICYMI @reallovepunk @dad_strangeland @rscspokenword @silvaculture #BaoPhi #Diego on what it means to be a NOC Dad http… 2 months ago
- RT @mashupamerican: "I grew up in a home where my dad did all the cooking" - @dad_strangeland --> buff.ly/1UDT70B #FathersDay http… 2 months ago
- Please @ThatKevinSmith don't let #BuckarooBanzai be #whitewashedOUT - cast a biracial Asian American actor in a hapa role! @TheNerdsofColor 3 months ago
- Mind blown when realized only folks ID'd by race in @djolder Shadowshaper were white. Center ourselves in our own stories. #whitewashedOUT 3 months ago
- #whitewashedOUT is when my only hapa role model growing up was Spock and it's still harder to find people like me than mixed species aliens. 3 months ago
Find me in this book!