Overheard at the local Barnes and Noble during my and the girls’ afternoon hang-out in the children’s section: Two employees talking about being told by a superior to put up new promotional signs, while standing in front of a big Wimpy Kid poster advertising the new book’s release date of November 15. One complains that the supervisor told her to put up “on sale now” signs for the Wimpy Kid book tonight, even though, obviously, it’s not out for over a week. “She said to put up Steve Jobs and Wimpy Kid tonight.” “Steve Jobs?” “Yeah, that guy that died.”
- RT @karthickr: For or against, you need to read this report issued by 7 #AAPI groups on education diversity bit.ly/aapi68c #SCA5 #n… 4 hours ago
- RT @karthickr: Sunshine is the best disinfectant, and our community deserves better #noLiesnoHate #SCA5 2 days ago
- RT @cpunongbayan: @aaaj_alc statement in support of #affirmativeaction in #California : campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=b201… #noLiesnoHate #SCA5 2 days ago
- RT @reappropriate: An #AAPI mother talks about why she supports #SCA5 mandarinmama.wordpress.com/tag/vote-yes-o… #NoLiesNoHate #StandWithSCA5 3 days ago
- RT @reappropriate: Top 5 anti-#AffirmativeAction Myths About #SCA5 | #NoLiesNoHate #StandWithSCA5 #AAPI | via @reappropriate http://t.co/Uf… 3 days ago
Find me in this book!