Overheard at the local Barnes and Noble during my and the girls’ afternoon hang-out in the children’s section: Two employees talking about being told by a superior to put up new promotional signs, while standing in front of a big Wimpy Kid poster advertising the new book’s release date of November 15. One complains that the supervisor told her to put up “on sale now” signs for the Wimpy Kid book tonight, even though, obviously, it’s not out for over a week. “She said to put up Steve Jobs and Wimpy Kid tonight.” “Steve Jobs?” “Yeah, that guy that died.”
- RT @mskristinawong: “Love isn't about what we did yesterday; it's about what we do today and tomorrow and the day after” -@GraceLeeBoggs #B… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BicoastalBitchn: "We are the leaders we've been waiting for". - Grace Lee Boggs @GraceLeeBoggs #BuildDontBurn 2 weeks ago
- RT @terrykpark: "Change yourself; change the world" - #GraceLeeBoggs #BuildDontBurn 2 weeks ago
- RT @TazzyStar: Radical counter culture movement building where love is a transformative value so as to shift our community needs to happen.… 2 weeks ago
- RT @reappropriate: #BuildDontBurn because the Asian American community was forged out of a mosaic of disparate voices. We are united by our… 2 weeks ago
Find me in this book!