Overheard at the local Barnes and Noble during my and the girls’ afternoon hang-out in the children’s section: Two employees talking about being told by a superior to put up new promotional signs, while standing in front of a big Wimpy Kid poster advertising the new book’s release date of November 15. One complains that the supervisor told her to put up “on sale now” signs for the Wimpy Kid book tonight, even though, obviously, it’s not out for over a week. “She said to put up Steve Jobs and Wimpy Kid tonight.” “Steve Jobs?” “Yeah, that guy that died.”
- RT @DrMicheQ: Participating in LIVE teleconference about #measlesoutbreak with #AmericasDoc @Surgeon_General along with over 10,000 @MomsR… 1 day ago
- Thanks @steveharuch for linking to my #Spock post on @NPRCodeSwitch. Hope you saw my longer one @TheNerdsofColor bit.ly/1CdTNWs too. 3 days ago
- The little brothers on #FreshOffTheBoat are hilarious. 3 weeks ago
- "[Not laughing.]" #FreshOffTheBoat 3 weeks ago
- "I didn't know Asians liked karaoke." Dead. #FreshOffTheBoat 3 weeks ago
Find me in this book!